The Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science
sponsored by the Pennsylvania Academy of Science,
as an Affiliate of the American Association for the Advancement of
Science is organized with the following objectives:
- To promote greater participation in science and mathematics
activities among the youth of Pennsylvania.
- To improve the quality of achievement in mathematics
and science by encouraging students to participate in research and
develop original ideas.
- To develop an understanding of the scientific community
through close association with leaders in the sciences.
- To seek the improvement of science clubs activities
through the cooperative regional and state meetings.
- To inculcate among its members true scientific attitudes
and humanistic ideals that shall lead to the greater development
of service to man.