The Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science sponsored by the Pennsylvania Academy of Science, as an Affiliate of the American Association for the Advancement of Science is organized with the following objectives:
- To promote greater participation in science and mathematics activities among the youth of Pennsylvania.
- To improve the quality of achievement in mathematics and science by encouraging students to participate in research and develop original ideas.
- To develop an understanding of the scientific community through close association with leaders in the sciences.
- To seek the improvement of science clubs activities through the cooperative regional and state meetings.
- To inculcate among its members true scientific attitudes and humanistic ideals that shall lead to the greater development of service to man.